About the LYC
The Lae Yacht Clubs grounds, facilities, marina and services are provided for the enjoyment and utilization of members and invited guests in their company.
Nestled along the beautiful Lae Harbour foreshore, just few minutes’ drive from Lae Town, the club has stunning harbour views and world class facilities that include a 60 berth Marina, Fuel & quality ocean side wining and dining.
More than 1000 members, their guests and visiting yachts have a place they can call home in Lae.
The LYC was formed in 1961 and over the years has become PNG's leading exponent of Game Fishing.
Members and visitors of the LYC enjoy being part of a vibrant club in a superb location with state-of-the-art facilities and international reputation. The Club attracts visitors and cruising yachts from around the world wishing to explore the city of Lae and Papua New Guinea.
LYC facilities include,
- Fully serviced marina, boat sheds, marine fuel station & radio control tower.
- Large airy restaurant, bar & function facilities.
- Toilets, showers & laundry services for visiting boat crews and members.
- 30 poker machines.
- Children's playground, secure car parks, & a special running track.
- We are also happy to assist visiting Cruising Yachts with provisioning and any other local knowledge they may need.